Uni Bible Group (formerly Evangelical Christian Union) is an interdenominational Christian group on campus. It is affiliated with the Australian Fellowship of Evangelical Students (AFES). Our aim is to know Christ better, and make him known through teaching from the Bible.
We teach the Scriptures systematically in large public meetings, and run prayer groups and Bible studies in faculty groups and in the residential colleges. We also enjoy gathering at various camps and conferences throughout the year.
There's lots of things we do we do each week, and we'd love you to join us!
To present students with the Christian gospel and lead them to a personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
To strengthen Christians in their faith and witness, and to encourage them to continually submit every aspect of their lives to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
To ensure that Christians in the University are made aware of the nature, needs and challenge of Christian service at home and abroad.
What We Believe
We are convinced of the fundamental truths of Christianity as revealed in the Scriptures, including:
- the divine inspiration and infallibility of all Holy Scriptures as originally given and their supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct
- the unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead
- the sovereignty of God in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgement
- the universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall, rendering man subject to God's wrath and condemnation
- the conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit and his birth by the virgin Mary
- redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through (faith in) the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ, the incarnate son of God, as our representative and substitute
- the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
- the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit the make the death of Jesus Christ effective to the individual sinner granting him repentance towards God and faith in Christ
- the justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith in Christ Jesus alone
- the sanctification of the believer by the indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit
- the one holy universal church which is the body of Christ and to which all true believers belong
- the expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ
For more information on Christianity, please visit Two Ways to Live.
Our Vision Statement
To proclaim Jesus Christ at University to present everyone mature in him (see Colossians 1:28)
Our Student Committee
President - Samuel Mills - email@example.com
Secretary - Steph Varcoe - firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer - Jeremy Vaartjes
Bible Talks and Prayer Coordinators - Emily Clark and Ryan Gregory
FOCUS Representatives - Sophia Wynne and Angelo Ranasinghe
Arts / Creative Arts Faculty Leaders - Rachel Miller and Lachlan Young
Commerce, Law, Education and Social Science Faculty Leaders - Kate Radkovic and Josh Keatley
Science, Technology, Engineering and Health Faculty Leaders - Jo Stacey and Brendan de Meillon