The Muslim Association of Wollongong University (MAWU) was established in 1997. MAWU enhances social harmony between members by organising numerous social activities during the year like daily prayers, Friday’s sermons, breaking fast during the month of Ramadan and celebrating Eid days.
Our members exceeds 2000 from more than 30 different countries and backgrounds and still getting bigger every year, making it one of the biggest and most diverse culture associations on campus.
- To organise religious activities for Muslim students and staff
- Provide moral and spiritual support for Muslims who are in need
- Promote religious awareness and develop the spirit of brotherhood and sense of cooperation among members
- Organise social events and lectures to increase Islamic understanding
- Provide a basic understanding of Islam to local community in general
To spread the Islamic values and culture within UOW and local communities.
As a team, we shall arrange various activities and participate in other community events to deliver the true Islamic values.
contact us on: MAWU.email@example.com
Find us on Facebook