UOW's Biggest Morning Tea
IPHS is participating in the UOW’s Biggest Morning Tea
As you may be aware, Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea is a fund raising initiative endorsed by the Cancer Council to raise important funds towards the prevention, early detection and treatment of cancer. People and organisations around Australia will be hosting morning teas throughout the months of May and June for this cause.
The University of Wollongong's Cancer Council on Campus (CCoC) will be hosting a Biggest Morning Tea event and the Illawarra Public Health Society is collaborating with CCoC, the UOW Wellbeing Centre and Rotaract to promote and run this event.
- Date: Thursday 28th May
- Time: Set up from 8:00, event from 9:00-1:00, pack down after 1:00
- Where: Duck Pond Lawn or under the covered section outside the library
- What: Morning tea of course. There will be a bake sale to raise funds for Cancer Council, live entertainment, a health awareness tent, possibly a guest speaker in the form of a cancer survivor, and a BIG CAKE.
WHAT WE NEED IPHS MEMBERS TO DO:
- Go to the Facebook event ‘UOW’s Biggest Morning Tea!’ https://www.facebook.com/events/1574176619532064/
- Click ‘Going’
- Share it with all your friends
- Get on Twitter. Spread the word.
- Tell all your friends about it when you see them face-to-face.
- Volunteer some time on the day to help set up, man the stall and pack away.
- Bring some baked goods to donate to the sale. If you wish to do so, please make sure that all items are well-wrapped and MUST BE LABELLED WITH A LIST OF THE INGREDIENTS. Baked goods can be individual serves or if you make a cake and don’t want to slice it up, it could be sold whole.
- We have already contacted some local grocers to ask for donations of fruit, so hopefully we will have plenty of that to give out on the day to contribute a healthy element! However, as Amy, Ine and Zoe on the exec team don’t have a car, if we are successful in receiving these fruit donations it would be lovely for someone to volunteer to collect the fruit so we don’t have to try to transport it on our bicycles!
- Suggest some ideas for what we could have at our stall on the day. This will be a good opportunity to promote the society to students. It might be fun to run a cancer-awareness related activity/game.
Please email UOW.IPHS@execs.com to put your hand up to get involved. You don’t have to commit to being there all day. Many hands make light work, so come along for an hour or so to help out.