The UOW IAS Student Branch Chapter received two awards from the Industry Applications Society (IAS)
The chapter has just been notified by the Chapter and Member Awards and Contests Committee in the Chapter and Membership Development (CMD) Department of the Industry Applcations Society (IAS): Two awards have been awarded to our UOW IAS Student Branch Chapter (SBC).
1. Our UOW IAS SBC has been selected as the Outstanding Student Branch Chapter in the Outstanding Chapter Award Contest 2015.
The IEEE IAS Outstanding Chapter Award Purpose is to recognize the outstanding performance of IAS chapters in serving their members and the technical community and establishing goodwill for the Society. The selection criteria include:
- Continuous technical, educational, administrative, membership development, communications and public relations activity
- Exceptional managerial and leadership achievement
- Implementation of innovative new chapter programs
- Dedication to growth and advancement of the chapter's membership and/or its section and/or its Society/ies
- Fulfilling all requirement of reporting to Sections, and the IEEE MGA Department
2. Chapter chair Yingjie Tan has been selected as the Outstanding Student Branch Chapter Chair of the IAS Outstanding Chapter and CMD Officer Contest 2015.
The purpose of this award is to recognize the outstanding performance of Industry Applications Society(IAS) members. The evaluation process is nominated by a senior society member and the evaluation is made by IAS CMD Chapter and Member Awards and Contest Committee led by the Outstanding Member Award Subcommittee.
The awards will be presented at the IAS Annual meeting 2015, which will be held at Dallas, Texas, USA on 18-22 October 2015.